May 11, 2009
My Mother's Day.
Mother's Day is an anticipated day for most mother's, one that brings heaven home. I feel so very blessed to have the family I do. Words cannot express my love for them. As I was lying in bed enjoying the last bit of sleep I could squeeze in, a wonderful aroma filled the air. I was kept hostage upstairs, so I showered and got somewhat ready for the day. When I was released to go downstairs, I found a huge mother's day poster hanging over the fireplace with notes written on it from my beautiful children and wonderful husband. There was then a delicious breakfast ready of waffles with strawberries (my favorite). Did I say I have the best husband ever. He then ran off to bishopric meetings and left us all to get ready for church. After church, I was smothered in hugs and cards and gifts made at school. The kids "made" me take a nap, while they lovingly gave me some quite time to do so. When Spencer returned he made a wonderful lasagna, with salad and veggies. (what a man!) We then went for a walk, and on our return he pulled out the cheese cake (another favorite). Yes, he made it, and it was awesome! It was a perfect day. Now as I am off to the races of another busy week, I smile at the love I have for my wonderful family, and hope that as the kids grow and seem to need me less and less, I can always remember the sweet moments we share together. Dear family, I love you forever and always!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
sis you do have a great husband, tks spencer for your loving care of my beautiful daughter, and do treasure the times with the kids, you will be looking back on it all to soon.
ReplyDeleteHow fun! Mother's Day is great..
ReplyDelete