Our family had the opportunity to go to Philmont Scout Ranch LDS week this summer. It was an awesome experience that I would recommend to anyone who gets the chance to go. I really gained an appreciation for the scouting program and Duty to God, and have a greater understanding of how they work together in strengthening the young men of the Church. I also learned that as mothers, we need to support our sons and husbands in their scouting and priesthood responsibilities.
Mathew had the opportunity to help with the flag ceremony one morning. His first one:) After it was all over, they got to take this picture with President Beck and his councilers and sister Esplin and sister Bingham. Matt made some great friends from all over the country.
On Wednesday afternoon, they had a primary parade. They had a room full of crafty things so we could make the kids costumes. This is what we came up with, Nathan's a shark and Brook is obviously a box of popcorn. This picture is before the parade started. I asked Pres. Beck to stand in a pic with these two and Nathan would not stop trying to eat Brooklyn's popcorn. LOL!
Sister Esplin, Primary General Presidency, Second Councilor.
such fun pictures. I have been waiting for them.. so glad your family got the chance to do this... Love
ReplyDelete