Last night Britten woke me up at 2am because she had a bad earache. My kids never get earaches so I was at a lost as to what to do. I gave her a couple Tylenol and hoped that would do the trick. About 45min. in she seemed to be getting worse instead of better. While trying to get brave enought to call and wake our bishop, who lives a couple doors down to give her a blessing, (Spencer is out of town for work.) I got the idea to go to the Internet and look up: "What to do for an earache." So I did and found an "Organic Remedy" that called for an onion. Knowing I had an onion in the pantry, I decided to give it a try. You were supposed to bake or steam the onion with the peel on, (I stuck it in the microwave for just over a minute) then cut it in half and cover the ear with the warm onion. (we had to let it cool because it got really hot) It was to take 5-20 min. for the pain to stop. After about 10 min. she was feeling better and in 15 min. she was sound asleep. Pain gone! Simply Amazing!
Okay, I suppose it could have been the Tylenol kicking in by then, but I like to think that it was the onion. :) Someone's going to have to give this a try and let me know if it really was the onion.
lol! thats awesome..I hope it was the onion. Sorry Britt was feeling bad, but what a cool way to get her feeling better! :)
ReplyDeleteI hope it was the onion too, Ed thinks onions keep everything working, I guess thats why we eat so many, Im glad it worked for Britts sake, ear aces are no fun...
ReplyDeleteWow. never heard of fixing ears with an onion. heard of quite a few others. Glad it worked! poor thing!
ReplyDelete