1 small to medium pumpkin
1 onion chopped
2 Tbsp. oil
2 lbs. ground beef
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 can sliced mushrooms, drained
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 c. cooked rice
1 can sliced water chestnuts
Cut off top of pumpkin and thoroughly clean out seeds and pulp. Paint an appropriate face on the front of the pumpkin with a permanent marker. Pre-heat oven to 350.
In a large skillet, saute onions in oil until tender. Add meat and brown. Drain and add soy sauce, brown sugar, mushrooms and soup. Simmer 10min. Add cooked rice and drained water chestnuts. Spoon mixture into the cleaned pumpkin shell. Replace pumpkin top and place entire pumpkin, with filling on a baking sheet. Bake 1 hour or until inside meat of the pumpkin is tender. We like to slice the sides and serve with rice mixture on top. It's best when you eat the rice and pumpkin together. Yummmm!
So its been forever since I've looked...I'm a jerk. What great pictures! Love the costumes...the corn maze looks like it was a blast...and I love all the team pics. :) Britten...you look absolutely beautiful and so grown up! :)
ReplyDeletei've made this the last couple of years and we love it! your kiddos are adorable!
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting this! I loved it when you used to make in in Panaca!
ReplyDelete