January 2, 2009

A New Year - Word.

I like the idea of picking a word to be
the theme for the year.
I want to use the word focus.
I tend to get distracted with a good book,
the Internet (I get lost in the blogging world.),
cleaning the house, the T.V., and on and on.
My goal for this year is to try to stay focused on things
that are eternal. My family, my faith, my friends
and my talents.
I know that if I can focus on these things
it will bring some improvement to my life in 2009.
(Even though cleaning the house has got to be an OK thing
to get distracted with, but not if I choose to clean instead of
read with my kids.)
Thanks for the idea, Elizabeth H.

4 comments:

  1. Thats a great idea! I think we all get distracted on the simple things. I know I do, if my house isn't cleaned then i'm not happy :)
    I should work on that.. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea! Maybe I should do that, I like Shaunna tend to think if my house isn't clean I can't do anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture at the top of your blog! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to come up with a new years word also...i'll let you know when i come up with a good one that I know can help improve my life...there are many, i just need to choose one. you are the second person i've seen do this. Also...I LOVE your new blog title picture...its super cool. and i laughed a ton reading about Naters experience with primary. what a good kid! Luke is in Sr. Nursery now...crazy. he started to pout today when i went to pick him up because he didn't want to leave yet. we are lucky that he loves nursery and loves to go to church! talk to you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete